Monday, November 24, 2008

Love Machine, Part 2

Well, for some reason it is an annual traditions in Singles Wards everywhere to have some form of talent show. Our ward this year decided to pair it with Thanksgiving dinner. Last year, our ward did a similar thing a little bit earlier in the earlier in the semester and with a chili cook off instead of turkey. So, last year we took a song we recorded on Lamar's computer freshman year and made a live version of it (I am sure all of you have seen it by now, but if not go here). That turned out well, so when it was announced that there was a talent show for our ward this year, we decided to do it again. The only problem was that several of our performers were gone, so Pilgram had to learn how to play the bass, and we couldn't find a drum set, so Lamar's computer had to fill in for a drummer. So it wasn't as good, but it went okay (I will try and post a video of the performance sometime). We didn't win the talent show, but the prize was a pass to a rock climbing gym, so we weren't too disappointed. We did gain some more fans, which was the ultimate goal anyway. We think after this that live performance of Love Machine have been put to rest.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Dang, Pilgram on the bass, huh? Glad to hear the fan base is spreading, I'm doing what I can to get one growing out here. 2 states down, 48 to go...I'll see what I can do in New Mexico during break.

Emma said...

It's too bad we missed out on another performance. I'm doing my part by forewarning the Idahoans about this love machine group that is out of control. You know, so when the hysteria hits the nation, they'll be ready.

Teresa Stubbs said...

I miss that song!