Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life Off, Game On.


I know what you are thinking...what in the world, he doesn't post for two weeks, and then all the sudden he posts four days later. Well, suffice it to say, my week this week has been a little more interesting than the previous few. And (a little teaser here), it should continue to be interesting, at least through tomorrow night. So, my Dad came into town this last week for a training for work. He was staying in Sandy, and when he first told me he was coming down, he suggested we could catch a Jazz or BYU basketball game. Since there was no BYU game last night, it had to be the Jazz game. I had only been to one professional sporting event previously, an Angels game. And I was so young when we went to that that up until I talked to my brother on Tuesday, I didn't think I had ever been to a professional sporting event. So, it was fun for me to go and witness a Jazz game in person. We were in the upper bowl, about 18 rows up, but we could see pretty well from our seats. I learned something from the game though...I am not really a Jazz fan. I like it when they win, but there was a time yesterday when they were down by 10 points and I didn't really care all that much. It is interesting because I am such a huge BYU fan that I hate whenever they are behind in football and basketball because I can't stand to see them lose. I pretty much hang on every shot or every play. My roommates will attest that I can get pretty angry when the BYU football team makes a dumb play. So it was interesting last night to just be able to watch a game and not be too terribly concerned about the outcome.

No comments: