Sunday, November 30, 2008

Almost Famous

So, I went home for Thanksgiving this last week. While I was at home, I had occasion to look through my high school yearbooks (I had a good reason for pulling them out and looking at them, but the reason is not important to the post). Of course, as I flipped through the pages, I looked at a lot of the signatures and notes people had written in the on yearbook signing day (I won't tell you how many signatures were there, just know there were enough to pretty much fill the front and back cover, but not so much that it would take me more than an hour to read them all). As I read the things people had wrote, I thought it was funny that so many people told me I would be famous someday. The justification seemed to be that I was smart, so I would be famous someday. I don't know who came up with that idea, but I am pretty sure that intelligence doesn't equate to fame. So, I hate to burst the bubble of all those people from high school, but I will probably never fulfill their desire for me to get in touch with them when I am famous. I don't think any fame is in the future for me, and I am perfectly fine with that.

1 comment:

Mike said...

If you would just find that diamond mine so that we could fund the rest of our big plans, then you might be famous. Common Kritter, put that brain to use sensing diamond mines.