Wednesday, October 8, 2008

In The Beginning...

Well, since I now have a blog, I figure I should grace it with a post. And what better subject for a post than to state the purpose of said blog. First off, this blog is written in response to Lamar's "reality blog" detailing the mundane activities of my daily life. I figure I should have some forum where I can dispute any false claims made on that blog. But, since that blog purports to detail my life, I figure I might as well use this blog to post my random musings and deep thoughts. To begin with, some of you may be wondering about the origin of my blog's name. I had been on my mission a little over 18 months and was at a meeting for the LDSSA on Wright State University campus. I was provided with a Jones Soda for refreshment at this meeting. Under the cap, I found the saying "Question Your Assumptions". For an aspiring scientist such as myself, the idea of questioning assumptions was a great reminder that we should always look carefully at the things we take for granted. In science, the assumptions you make can greatly affect the outcome of your experiments. So, each assumption should be carefully examined and questioned in order to make sure that you don't have a skewed view of reality. If you don't question your assumtions, someone else will. This view can be expanded to includ all aaspects of my life, not just science. It is the situations where I failed to carefully examine my assumptions that I end up getting embarrassed. So, for now, that is all the back story my blog will contain. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mike said...

There, I made a red dot appear on you map in Michigan, aren't you happy?

Kip said...

So krit. This LDSSA meeting. it that code for the zone dances you had on your mission?