Sunday, April 18, 2010

Random musings....

Well, I have had a few ideas for my post since my last blog post, so I decided to throw a couple together tonight. The first has to do with turning off the lights. When I was a kid, every time I left my room, my mom would always send me back if I didn't turn off the light. I was really bad at turning off lights for most of my childhood. Turns out, all that reminding by my mom must have had an effect, because as I have been at college, I have noticed it really bugs me when a light is left on. Doesn't make me mad at my roommates like dirty dishes do, I just have to turn off any light that is on in a room where nobody is present. I can't stand to see it left on.

The other thing I thought I would write briefly about is my dinner cooking experiments. I, like most people, get bored with the meals I usually eat, so sometimes I pull out the things I have in the cupboard or fridge and try making something I have never made before. Sometimes these things turn out to be failures, although they are rarely inedible, because I don't often try to mix random ingredients. Usually I am just trying to cook something that someone else has made, usually with the few ingredients that I have. I did once mix barbecue sauce and teriyaki sauce together and put it on chicken, and it tastes surprisingly good (I was just trying to thicken up the teriyaki sauce so I could put it on the chicken on the BBQ without having to marinade it.) Tonight I cut a chicken breast into strips, breaded it with flour and egg, and fried them in oil in a pan. I then made spaghetti and put spaghetti and sauce with the chicken (my own easy version of Parmesan Chicken), sprinkled some italian cheese blend I had on top, and it turned out very tasty. I don't know why I like experimenting in the kitchen so much, I guess it is the scientist in me.

No comments: